Location: Málaga, Spain
No. of positions available: 3
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive fintech to cutting-edge encryption, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
Working for the teams who make and deliver our games, you’ll make sure services are effective across test, development and production environments. It’ll be your job to drive improvements, whether they relate to boosting enjoyment of the games or the efficiency of our Build and Deployment teams. You’ll be empowered to improve software, using your analytical and diagnostic flair to the full. And, above all, you’ll make certain our agile methodology isn’t hampered by operational requirements, or delays in delivery or software transitions.
You’ll be part of a super-motivated Software Development team that’s structured around product-centric PODs. Each POD includes technical leadership, development, architecture, QA, and product and project management functions. Your work will be vital to every one of them.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Plan upgrades of large, complex systems across a variety of environments, working closely with key staff across multiple sites
- Manage technical releases including software deploys, de-risking deploys and change request reviews
- Investigate and diagnose problems, assign or carry out code and deployment fixes, and keep documents up to date
- Make workflow more efficient and the system more stable
- Build and verify new servers, including tracking network changes
- Armed with the experience to host, deploy and work with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), Java and BASH
- Good at implementing and managing Apache configurations like 301 and wrapper scripts
- Familiar with Java – including JEE concepts, current technologies and frameworks
- Equipped with basic programming know-how – including an understanding of code and coding concepts – plus knowledge of build tools and concepts like Maven, Ant and Bash/SH
- Skilled in Windows admin and investigation, with expertise that covers Event log and Services
- A talented Linux administrator and investigator who knows about network diagnostics and services
- Flexible enough to meet tight deadlines and driven to deliver to strict SLAs
You might also be familiar with Windows build and refactoring works, particularly MSI, IIS scripting, user and account management; with Microsoft SQL Server diagnostics; and with build tools and concepts like MSBuild, WiX, PowerShell, and/or Java tools (Maven, Ant, NANT). If you are, even better.
What’s in it for you:
There’ll be challenging, fascinating projects for a start – the kind that give you the chance to do some of the most rewarding work of your life. Plus amazing opportunities to gain international experience thanks to our offices in London and Malaga. On top of that, expect all sorts of initiatives that will nurture, support and develop you, as well as excellent location-specific benefits.
Visit www.theworkshop.com for more information